Our friends in Freeridge are back with the return of hit Netflix dramedy, On My Block. Since it’s been a year since we all binged Season 2, here’s what you need to remember before heading into Season 3. Heads up – Season 2 spoilers ahead!
- Jamal (Brett Gray) found the RollerWorld money, but he and his friends quickly learned that the immortal words of the Notorious B.I.G. — “Mo money, mo problems” — ring true. Ruby’s abuelita thought the cash was cursed and wouldn’t help them wash it, so they needed to find a way to launder it.
- Cesar (Diego Tinoco) was kicked out of the Santos for not killing Latrelle, a member of the Prophets, which resulted in the shooting at Olivia’s quinceañera that left Olivia dead and Ruby (Jason Genao) fighting for his life.
- Ruby had a lot to deal with, from the death of Olivia to his PTSD from being shot. An unlikely bond was formed with Cesar’s brother, Spooky (Julio Macias), who helped Ruby work through his grief. Jasmine (Jessica Marie Garcia) also became a close friend to Ruby and a bigger part of the group as she stepped in to help them launder the RollerWorld money.
- As tensions were on the rise in Freehold, Monse (Sierra Capri) moved to Brentwood with her mom, ending her relationship with Cesar. Near the end of Season 2, Monse decided to leave LA for an all-girls boarding school after learning about the lies that her mom told about her dad.
- Once the RollerWorld money was clean, the Core Four didn’t even get to enjoy it. Instead, they had to use it to save Cesar from the Prophets. The rival gang was arrested, leaving the Santos in charge … or maybe not. The money used to frame the Prophets was actually from a bank that the Santos robbed, and Spooky kept the RollerWorld dough.
- Season 2 concluded with a cliffhanger when Monse, Ruby, Cesar, and Jamal were kidnapped. From this trailer, we know where they ended up, but they’re about to be tasked with an even more dangerous mission.
Photos and Video Courtesy of Netflix